Cooking🕰: 30 mins
INGREDIENTS- 680g Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp unsalted Butter, (melted in room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Sprig Celery (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp grind coriander (halved)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
2: While waiting for the potatoes to cook, Warm the cream in microwave or on in a pan on medium heat 1 minute.
3: Drain the water from the cooked potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the heated cream and melted butter over the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or potato ricer then use a strong metal spoon to beat further but do not over beat the potatoes.
4: Add milk and beat until the potatoes are smooth then add the 1/8 teaspoon of coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
5: Serve in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped celery and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of coriander then drizzle the olive oil on it.
Note: 1) ensure you add salt to the potatoes when cooking to prevent having a bland potatoes.
2) ensure you use cold water to cook your potatoes to avoid underdone potatoes.
3) ensure the Butter and cream are in room temp before add to the mashed potatoes.
4) do not overwork the potatoes to avoid a gummy and gluey potatoes.