Prep. Time: 60 mins
Author: Jumbite Cookbook
* 4 medium potatoes, washed
* 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* 1 Tsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped + extra for garnish
* 1 Tsp lemon zest grated
* Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (428 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice a thin layer off the base of the potatoes so they will not roll around.
3. Place a potato on a work surface with the cut side down. With a sharp knife cut thin vertical slices from one end to the other, being careful not to cut all the way through. You can place wooden spoons or chopsticks on either side of the potato to keep your knife from slicing through.
4. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest and garlic.
5. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and brush them all over with the infused oil.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and brush all over with the olive oil mixture, separating the slices slightly with a knife to get some of the mixture between the slices.
8. Put them back in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Brush the potatoes with the remaining oil, sprinkle generously with sea salt and return them to the oven for 20/30 minutes or until crisp and golden on the exterior and soft on the inside.
10. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the baked Hasselback potatoes with chopped rosemary and serve.